All ferry schedules and information are correct at the time of publishing; however, these can be subject to alteration, sometimes without notice. All services and reservations provided are subject to the conditions of the principal providers and no responsibility is accepted by Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd for misrepresentation, unforeseen omissions or additional costs incurred, including those arising from adverse weather conditions or any situations beyond the control of Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd. Refunds may not be available for unused services.
Check-in time for vehicle ferry travel is to be a minimum of 20 minutes prior to departure. Due to loading requirements, Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse boarding for vehicles that check-in after this time.
All fares and prices are in Australian Dollars. All fares are subject to availability, surcharges, blackout periods, minimum night stays and seasonal variations. Always check your travel documentation for final prices. If your credit card or charge card is billed in a different currency to your purchase, your card provider will determine the applicable exchange rate.
For ferry bookings only, full payment is required at the time of booking.
For accommodation packages, with or without ferry transfers, a 20% deposit of the total booking cost (or the equivalent of 1 night, whichever is greater) is required at the time of booking unless otherwise stated. A deposit is not required for any tour or activity booked more than 30 days in advance.
Final payment for accommodation packages is required 30 days prior to travel (subject to change depending on travel, service, package or product booked).
Credit Card Fees
From 1st August 2017, all payments made by credit card will incur the following surcharges:
- Visa - 1.5%
- MasterCard - 1.5%
- American Express - 1.5%
SURCHARGE FREE payment options include PayPal, Direct Deposit, EFTPOS (Savings or Cheque) and Cash.
Booking changes may incur a fare adjustment which must be paid in full at time of change. Please note that ferry bookings can be changed online up until one hour prior to departure. Less than one hour prior to departure any amendments must be made with the Reservations Team on (07) 3488 5300.
Any credit remaining on a booking that has been changed can be used within 12 months of the booking creation date.
The following cancellation fees apply, unless your product or package confirmation states otherwise:
- Bookings cancelled 48 hours or more prior to travel - a fee of $10 per one way journey applies and remaining booking value will be refunded or held in credit for use within 12 months of booking creation date
- Bookings cancelled between 48 hours and scheduled departure time - a fee of $10 per one way journey applies and remaining booking value is held in credit for use within 12 months of booking creation date
- Failure to arrive for scheduled departure – 100% of total cost
Accommodation packages (with or without ferry)
- Bookings cancelled 30 days or more prior to check-in date – loss of deposit
- Bookings cancelled between 30 days and 7 days prior to check-in date - 50% of total cost
- Bookings cancelled within 7 days prior to check-in date – 100% of total cost
- An administration fee of up to $50.00 may apply to any booking cancellation
Tour packages (with or without ferry)
- Bookings cancelled between 30 days and 7 days prior to travel - 50% of total cost
- Bookings cancelled within 7 days prior to travel – 100% of total cost
Declaration of vehicle length
The length of a caravan or trailer is the overall length of the loaded unit, measured from the tow ball to the end of your load. Due to the complexity of loading, Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse boarding for vehicles where the overall dimensions have been incorrectly declared.
Conditions of Carriage
All passengers’ vehicles and goods are transported subject to the following conditions:
1. The term “we” and similar terms mean Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd (ABN 63 009 725 713) and its servants and agents.
2. By travelling on our vessels you agree to these conditions.
3. Smoking is prohibited on all vessels.
4. Check-in is required 20 minutes prior to departure. Due to loading requirements, Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse boarding for any vehicles that check-in after this time.
5. You warrant that you were acting as agent for each of the passengers who travel under the authority of this contract.
6. We will not be liable for loss, damage, delay or injury (including direct or consequential loss, damage, delay or injury) to any property or any person connected in any way with:
- our carriage of passengers, vehicles and other goods
- services ancillary to that carriage
- any activities on or in the vicinity of the vessel including embarking or disembarking even where resulting in whole or in part from any act or omission by us or due to our negligence or misconduct.
7. No oral representations concerning our liability which conflict with or detract from these conditions will be binding.
8. For your safety and the safety of others you must obey all instructions given by our employees.
9. We may decline to transport any person, vehicle or goods without giving any reason. We may cancel or vary any scheduled trip without notice.
10. Warranties implied in this contract by any legislation are included only to the extent that they must be included. Otherwise they are excluded.
11. If you wish to make any claim against us in respect of our carriage of you, other passengers, your vehicle or goods, you must do so within 3 months of the date on which the carriage occurred.
12. To the extent this contract relates to the consignment of goods, the amended Hague Rules are to govern this contract as if it were a bill of lading.
Check-in/Check-out Terms & Conditions
It is essential that you abide by the designated check in/check out times of the property you are staying in. Late check-out may be arranged the day prior to departure with the management/agent. Failure to check-out at the required time will result in an additional charge. A valid credit card or cash bond will be required upon check-in.
Twin share prices are based on two people sharing a double bed (queen or king beds at some properties). Please request two single beds at the time of booking if required. ‘Extra person’ prices are based on sharing with two other adults in the same room. Room configurations may vary, so if you have specific requirements, this should be requested at the time of booking.
At no time during the occupancy by the tenant shall more than the number of persons shown on the confirmation reside overnight at the premises, without the prior consent of the agent, whereupon extra charges may be made. Guests must not hold private functions on the premises unless it has been pre-arranged with the managers/agents. Not complying with this condition renders tenancy subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
Where it states that linen is provided it will be provided for the number of guests that have been booked. Linen changes are not provided unless the stay exceeds 7 nights. Any additional linen changes/requests will be charged at the discretion of the Manager at the appropriate fee.
Guests are responsible for the cleaning of their room/unit/house during their stay. Guests must leave the premises in an orderly and clean condition or an additional cleaning fee will apply. Management/agents reserve the right to debit the fee from any credit cards it holds from the relevant guest.
Please respect Pool Hours and keep noise levels to a minimum to ensure maximum comfort for all guests. No glass is permitted in pool areas.
Please place your rubbish in bins provided at your accommodation facility.
Guests must park in the designated parking bays for the particular unit they are occupying. Guests are not permitted to park in undesignated areas around the resort.
Pets are not permitted on the premises under any circumstances unless the guest is staying at a property in which pets are permitted. This must be disclosed at the time of booking.
Loss or Damage
Staff or employees shall not be held liable for the loss of or damage to, any guest’s valuables while staying at a resort/property. Guests are recommended to take the necessary security measures to protect and secure their belongings. Guests will be held responsible for all loss or damage caused to the resort/property as a result of a breach in the terms and conditions.
Guests must abide by the 5km speed limit throughout resorts at all times. North Stradbroke Island is a relaxed island destination and therefore speed limits must be adhered to at all times, especially in the built up areas.
Smoking is not permitted inside any property or around the common areas of the resorts.
Guests and their families/friends are required to behave in a way which is considerate to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests and staff within the resort grounds or property.
The following is regarded as unacceptable behaviour:
- Noisy, offensive and/or unruly behaviour
- Damage to or destruction of property or grounds
- Improper or unseemly conduct
- Any act or omission that in the opinion of the Manager adversely affects or brings discredit upon the Managers, staff, owner or other guests
- Smoking indoors or around common areas within the resort complex
Vehicle Ferry Walk On Passengers
Walk on passengers are required to wait until all vehicle movements are completed and crew have directed you to embark/disembark the vessel. Fares/tickets should be taken by the deckhand prior to loading the walk on passengers.
Please ensure you inform the crew of your destination as vessel may not be stopping at all islands. Push bikes will be carried at no further cost. Dogs must be on a leash and controlled at all times.
Carriage of Walk on Freight
All freight transported on ferries is at the owner's risk and Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for loss or damage.
Freight quantities are limited. Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse the carriage of any freight items when designated freight area is full, and/or the safety and comfort of passengers or crew could be at risk.
Restrictions apply to the following items:
The following WILL NOT be carried at any time as walk on freight:
- Furniture, including lounge chairs and beds.
- TV's larger than 53cm (Larger flat screen TV may be allowed if room)
- Glass panels
- Carpet rolls
- Timber/pipe/conduit longer than 3.0 metres
- Large building items
- Cubby houses/animal enclosures over 1 cubic mere
- Livestock on deck
The following will be carried off-peak at a rate of $10.00 per item for the Southern Moreton Bay Islands and $20.00 per item for North Stradbroke Island (in addition to walk on fare):
- Tradesperson's tools - welders, large toolboxes
- Lawn motors, whipper snippers (empty of fuel)
- Screen doors
- Small hot water system properly secured on trolley
- Small fridges/freezer up to 280 litre/washing machine/clothes dryer properly secured on trolley
- Kayaks under 3.0 meters
- Timber/pipe/conduit under 3.0 metres
- Road registered golf buggies and ride on mowers (charged at three-wheel motorcycle rate)
- Two (2) only maximum 20 litre approved fuel containers per passenger on a trolley
THE CARRIAGE OF FREIGHT WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE MASTER OF THE VESSEL'S DISCRETION.
Stradbroke Ferries is a vehicle ferry service. Please contact your local transport operator for large freight/furniture deliveries.
Powered Mobility Device Carriage Policy
To be eligible for walk on fare travel the mobility device must meet the following criteria:
- Have a maximum height of 140cm
- Have a maximum width of 75cm when measured at a height of up to 30 cm from the ground
- Fit within the allocated space of 130cm by 80 cm
- Turn 180 degrees within the allocated area of 207cm by 154 cm
- Cross a gap of up to 4cm wide
- Climb a 1:14 Grade unassisted
- Climb a 1:4 Grade with assistance
- Have a braking system capable of maintaining the position of the mobility device on acceleration and deceleration of the vessel
- Allow transfer to a seat if required in rough conditions
- Battery operated only
- Batteries housed inside a vented container able to contain the entire contents of batteries if damage occurs.
The powered mobility device must only be operated by the registered Operator of the device, with a doctor’s certificate stating that due to severe impairment they have a need to use the device for assisted travel.
The Operator must also be capable of safely operating the device.